Château Malescot St. Exupéry
About Château Malescot St. Exupéry
Once owned by the Escousses family, who were most well-known as notaries to the King, Château Malescot-St- Exupéry was acquired by Simon Malescot in 1697, thus bearing his name. The estate underwent several splits after the French Revolution and, under the ownership of Comte Saint-Exupéry, picked up the second part of its name. The estate began its ascent when it was sold to Mr Fourcade in 1853, who increased the estates acreage by purchasing neighbouring vines, most notably vines from Château Dubignon which, during the 1855 Classification, was classified as a Third Growth. After the First World War, the Zuger family, who also owned Château Marquis d'Alesme, took over in 1955 and carried out massive replanting of the vineyards. With their meticulous care and consistent vision to this Margaux estate, Château Malescot-St- Exupéry has had an excellent last decade, producing some of the most beautiful wines in Bordeaux.