About Domaine Leflaive
The single most famous and enormously respected estate in Puligny-Montrachet, there have been members of the Leflaive clan dabbling in vinous affairs in the area since 1717 – the true founder of the current domaine as we know it, however, was Joseph Leflaive (1970-1953). The great man’s sons did an admirable job of expanding their vineyard holdings, as well as building the foundations of the fearsome reputation this Burgundian legend enjoys to this day.
It was under the visionary and transformative stewardship of Anne-Claude Leflaive, taking the reins in 1990, that this mythical domaine became a leader of Burgundy’s now-ubiquitous biodynamic movement, with the entire estate converting to fully biodynamic as early as 1997! The tragic and untimely death of Anne-Claude in 2015 saw general management pass to Eric Remy, who is doing an admirable job of honouring the legacy of the great woman.
Domaine Leflaive is one of the largest holders of Grands and 1er Crus in the appellation, with 22 hectares in total of which no fewer than 5 are Grands Crus. One would be hard pressed to find any domaine with finer plots at their disposal, and it is most fortunate that the Leflaive family are true masters at expressing every ounce of sublime minerality, personality and vitality from these exceptional terroirs.