About Le Dôme
Known as the benchmark estate of Jonathan Maltus, one of Bordeaux’s most successful winemakers, Le Dôme is situated on the Right Bank, just like all the other estates owned by Maltus. What is unique about Le Dôme is the high proportion of Cabernet Franc used. Its modest 3.5-hectare vineyard, located near Château Beau-Sejour Becot, Château Canon and Château Angélus, is planted to 80% Cabernet Franc, with the remaining 20% comprising of old Merlot vines planted in the 1950s. Those who have had the fortune to try the wines of Le Dôme would immediately note the concentration, achieved through three green harvests a year and further pruning to allow only 4 bunches of grapes per vine! Needless to say, wines of Le Dôme are not easy to come by.