Château Le Gay

Château Le Gay

Originally called Domaine du Gay, Château Le Gay takes its name from the lieu-dit Le Gay, part of which was sold to the Greloud family that eventually became Château Lafleur. Coincidentally, Château Le Gay was inherited by the Robin sisters in 1946, who also happened to own Château Lafleur.

 

Over the next few decades, under the ownership of the Robin sisters, Château Le Gay was managed by Jean-Pierre Moueix, who also purchased portions of the vineyard to add to the acreage of Château La Fleur-Pétrus. After the passing of the Robin sisters, Château Le Gay was acquired by Catherine Péré Vergé in 2002, who quickly increased the acreage and brought Michel Rolland on board as a consultant.

 

Viniculture

The vineyards of Château Le Gay are planted to approximately 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc, with some parcels located next to Château La Fleur-Pétrus. Yields are kept low, resulting in the concentrated, full-bodied Pomerol that wine connoisseurs around the world have come to love.

Grid List

13 Products

Prices: In Bond Inc. VAT

Grid List

13 Products

Live Chat with a Cru Advisor
X
We use cookies. Read more