Domaine du Vieux Télégraphe
About Domaine du Vieux Télégraphe
Domaine du Vieux Télégraphe was founded in 1898 by Hippolyte Brunier and is still in the family. The intriguing name came from the view from an ageing signal tower, built-in 1792. Located in La Crau, arguably the grandest cru in Chateauneuf du Pape, their philosophy aims to get the most of this great terroir.
A leading “old-guard estate” of this historic appellation, Vieux Télégraphe continues to craft wines in a “classic, age-worthy, and uncompromising style” according to Jeb Dunnuck – for this ardent belief in unapologetically powerful expressions of their terroir, critics and collectors alike thank them most sincerely.
Winemaker and owner Daniel Brunier believes wholeheartedly in the terroir of his estate, refusing to compromise its integrity by crafting a “super cuvée” from a singled-out portion of the vines – in Brunier’s eyes, every inch of Vieux Télégraphe is worthy of inclusion in a “super cuvée”.